2021-01-31 06:00:00 | Black bean chilli recipe
This can be served with rice and salad, or on top of a jacket potato.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
four, with leftovers for lunch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 red peppers, cored and finely sliced
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 x 400g tins kidney beans or black beans, drained
- 3 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Chilli sauce, to taste
- Plain yogurt or sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Sliced lettuce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook until soft, which will take about 15 minutes on a medium heat, stirring often. Add the garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for another two minutes.
- Add the pepper and sweet potatoes and stir until well coated.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and bay leaf if using, and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed, plus chilli sauce to taste.
- Serve with yogurt or sour cream, some grated cheese and also lettuce if you like.
- Save four ladlefuls (approx 75ml each) for tomorrow’s lunch.
Use the leftovers: quesadillas for four
- Place a ladleful of the chilli on to a tortilla wrap, and spread it to the edges. Scatter over a small handful of grated cheddar and some sliced spring onions if you have them. Then, place another wrap on the top.
- Heat up a large frying pan (one big enough to fit a whole tortilla) on a medium heat on the hob. Lay the stuffed wrap in the frying pan and gently cook until golden. Flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat with wraps and chilli to make four quesadillas. Serve with a salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumber and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
The post 2021-01-31 06:00:00 | Black bean chilli recipe
appeared first on http://justlatestnews.com